17-year-old Slovenian Taja Trampus came to Finland for her practical training. She enjoyed the Finnish nature and friendly people.
- I’m 17 years old and I’m coming from Slovenia. I love to hang out with my friends, go shopping and I also love to snowboard during winter. I like meeting new people so I’m very communicative and curious person.
Why did you come to Lahti?
- I came here on practical training for 3 weeks.
What do you study in Slovenia?
- I study media techniques.
Why did you choose Finland for your practical training?
- There was still a place free to go on Finland exchange so I decided to sign. I’ve never been travelling abroad alone and I think it was a really big opportunity for me to come here, and also a good experience for my future plans.
What have you done during your practical training?
- I’ve made banners for the websites, some cutting pictures in Photoshop, creating posters using Indesign, taking pictures and editing pictures.
What has been the most interesting part of your training?
- Definitely taking pictures.
What are the best things in Lahti and Finland?
- Lahti is a nice city. I love the park and an old café next to the lake. I love also the ski jumps and shops of course. And snowy nature is just amazing. Finland is a beautiful country and people are really friendly and open here. And their language skills are perfect, so it’s really easy to communicate.
What do you think about your future?
- To go study abroad.
Will you come back to Finland?
- Yeah for sure. I love Finland and I wish to see it during summertime.
Text and pictures Joel Tolvanen