Salpaus works towards improving students’ sense of independent initiative and ability to cope with people from different cultural backgrounds by offering wide-ranged possibilities for international experience during vocational education and training. Special emphasis is placed on integrating the international dimension into the daily practices of the college. Salpaus makes every effort to promote internationalisation at home.
The importance of developing the international skills of staff members occupies a prominent role, too. Teachers are offered possibilities for international peer learning and their role and involvement in international student counselling continues to grow.
The overall mission is to offer society with an internationally competent workforce.
To this end, Salpaus has over the years coordinated and participated in more than 60 projects funded by the EU and the Nordic Council of Ministers. The results have benefited students, staff and the region as a whole.
Exchange and Visits
Salpaus offers opportunities for international work experience. Students are encouraged to pursue on-the-job placements abroad. Teachers and other members of the staff are also involved in the ongoing exchange and development programmes.
In addition to sending students and staff abroad, Salpaus receives international students and visitors from its partner colleges.
Although we are an internationally active education provider, currently Salpaus does not offer complete study programmes in English. Yet some foreign students have achieved vocational qualification studies for example in boat building and goldsmith studies.
Our most important partners situates through-out Europe and Russia (St. Petersburg). Furthermore, we have partners also in Asia, America and Africa.
We participate annually in many student mobility, transfer of innovation and other Leonardo da Vinci -projects. We co-operate also in national networks (Russia, Japan, India) funded by the Finnish National Board of Education.
- Motivation - Motivational workshops for vocational students to continue studies into higher level 2014-2016
- LearnIT - Learning routes and tools for individual learning 2014-2016
- SESAME - Social Enterprise by Synergy and the Added Value of youth mentoring Europe 2014-2017
- Level Up! Workplace Tutor goes Europe 2015-2017
- Meteli - Metalwork, Electrical Engineering and Transport & Logistics International - network 2014-2016
- AKKUNA Russia co-operation network 2014-2016
- INTIA International co-operation network 2014-2016
- HANAKO Japan co-operation network 2014-2016
- ThaiGo -network 2015-2016
- Korea TechNet - network 2015-2016
- Focus on Skills and Competence 2014-2016
- FOSC II - Focus on Skills and Competences II 2015-2017
- HULA - Huippulaadulla asiakaspalvelun ja palvelualojen taitajaksi 2015-2016
- ILONA - vapaaehtoistyö osana hyvinvointialaa 2015-2016
- Innovative approaches in developing Key competences for adults 2014-2017
- European Skills and Competencies for Social and Health Care 2015-2017
- KAOS - Kansainvälisyydestä osaamista työelämään 2015-2016
- Kv-verkostojen internetsivut - network 2014-2016
- Mallia Euroopasta 2 2015-2016